Australia & New Zealand
It’s no surprise that Australia and New Zealand are at the top of many a bucket list. The endless supply of picturesque views, vineyards as far as the eye can see, and kind-hearted people around every corner are only a few reasons the long flight is well worth it. While many think they will only go once, we have seen these destinations enchant travelers who long to get back to keep exploring. Whether you are looking for the classic “Sydney, Rock and Reef” to see Australia’s most iconic stops (Sydney, Uluru, Cairns) or you want to get off the beaten path on New Zealand’s South Island, we can help you craft a custom itinerary that fits your budget and gives you the vacation of your dreams.
- Check out Tasmania for a unique Aussie experience. Nature lovers have endless trails and coastlines to explore and art lovers will adore Hobart’s charm.
- Get up close and personal with glaciers on New Zealand’s South Island while treating yourself to a couple nights in luxury at Te Waounui Forest Retreat.
- Uluru is beautiful and iconic but Australia’s Northern Territory has much more to offer. Spend a few days exploring Kakadu National Park and the Yellow River Billabong for an unforgettable outback adventure.
It’s hard to find people who don’t dream of going to Africa some day. With more flights opening up access and the lure of imagery from movies like Lion King, Africa is quickly rising to the top of bucket lists. There are endless ways to experience the magic of Africa and we have found partners who provide the best itineraries with the most authentic experiences.
- Kenya, Tanzania, and South Africa are wonderful safari destinations but if you’re looking to escape the crowds or you’ve been there, done that, consider Zimbabwe, Rwanda, and Uganda.
- Is your travel style a better match for small groups or private tours? You’d be surprised how competitive private journeys in Africa can be compared to small groups, giving you the flexibility and the price you want.
- Game drives are no longer the only way to experience the destinations. Think about how you want to interact with the beauty. Some lodges offer safari by bike, hot air balloon, and even camelback.
South Pacific Islands
We’ve all seen the dreamy Instagram photos of overwater bungalows set above clear blue waters and wondered, “Is that even real?” The answer is yes — and you can find these picturesque views in the South Pacific. French Polynesia (Tahiti) and Fiji offer some of the most breathtaking ocean vistas you can find. They also offer quite a few options for exploring their many islands. It’s overwhelming to figure out whether you want to see Bora Bora or Moore’a or one of French Polynesia’s islands we’ve never heard of. Likewise, FIji is steeped in customs and you want your vacation to honor the places you visit so it’s helpful to know the dos and don’ts before you go. Let us help you sift through noise to plan a vacation that will make you feel like you’re living in a travel magazine.
- You will likely have at least one night on the main island of Tahiti, depending on the itinerary. Plan to be there for the evening food truck market, where you’ll find fare from around the world.
- Savusavu in Fiji is a hop, skip, and a jump from Nadi airport. The extra effort is rewarded with gorgeous views and some of the warmest smiles on the planet.
- Getting out on the water is lovely but don’t forget to explore the interior of the islands you visit.
Central & South America
A favorite of many intrepid travelers, Central and South America offer something for everyone. Some of the world’s most recognizable destinations, like Machu Picchu and Galapagos, offer truly awe-inspiring moments. At the same time, reaching the hidden gems that do not see as many travelers, like Chile’s Aysén Region or the “end of the world” in Ushuaia, Argentina, check items off your bucket list that you didn’t even know were there. We support many wonderful local businesses in crafting itineraries in these destinations.
- The famous and Insta-worthy Marble Caves in Aysén, Patagonia, are beautiful but take your time in this region. There is a new view around every corner and each takes your breath away.
- Costa Rica offers many opportunities to build personal connections with the people. We work closely with partners who can match our travelers to volunteer opportunities that fill genuine needs in the communities.
- We love getting a good value on a splurge and Cavas Wine Lodge in Mendoza, Argentina, is just that. Their all-inclusive plan goes above and beyond meals with some VIP experiences that will leave other guests wondering how they missed out.
You don’t need a passport to explore beautiful island cultures. Puerto Rico was recently named a top destination to visit by The New York Times and we couldn’t agree more. Each of us at Compass and Globe lives or has lived on the Isla del Encanto (Island of Enchantment) and it holds a special place in our hearts. San Juan offers many options, even for a quick getaway but we are partial to the west side of the island. It’s a hub of small, local businesses that are keeping Puerto Rican roots at the forefront. With such insider knowledge, we can help with everything from the best surf breaks to where to grab fresh-baked pastries and local coffee.
- Renting a car is an easy way to explore off the beaten path. You can drive across the island in only a couple of hours.
- You can find several local markets across the island. On the west side, Aguadilla Farmers Market on Saturdays and Rincon Farmers Market on Sundays have your weekend produce and artisan needs covered.
- Vegetarians and vegans can find plenty of dining options, as quite a few restaurants offer these items on their menus.